Working with Shame | vrijdag, 06. november 2020
About this Event
Shame is universal, we all feel it, but nobody talks about it. This workshop aims at breaking the cycle of secrecy surrounding shame. Underlining shame can be the reason our clients don’t make progress in therapy. It stops their process of recovery and prevents them from living their life to the best. In this workshop we will explore the following questions:
- What is shame and what purpose does it serve??
- What are the sources and triggers of shame for our clients?
- How counsellors assess for shame and how client’s express shame in the counselling room.
- What are the relational and neurobiological aspects of shame?
- How shame impacts on the lives of our clients?
- How clients protect themselves from feeling shame in a variety of emotional symptoms and behaviors.
- How our own shame affects the work we do with our clients?
- What is the goal? Where healing from shame leads us?
- How to help clients heal the shame?
About the Presenter - Kasia McMorland
Kasia McMorland is BACP registered, Psychotherapist, trained in person-centred and emotionally-focused models of psychotherapy. Her special interest is in current research in neurobiology and working with effects of childhood trauma.
Who is this workshop aimed at?
Counsellors, trainee counsellors, psychologists and other mental health workers.
Registration, Cost and Payment Options
Option 1: Cost £85 / Student £65 via Bank Transfer, Cheque or Invoice by emailing email
Option 2: Cost £92.22 / Student £70.66 Online via Eventbrite. Please note that there is an extra admin charge made by Eventbrite.
Handouts and CPD certificate are included in the price.
Please note that a delegate space is not guaranteed until payment is received.
Minimum numbers: 10 – 20 Please note that the workshop is subject to cancellation or re-scheduling if the minimum number required to make them viable is not reached. In this situation, the following options will apply:
- Receive a full refund (excluding Eventbrite's fee if you pay using this method).
- Hold the space until a new date has been offered.
- Move the booking to another workshop.
- Receive a credit note to use at a future date.
The Sharing Space
- Would you like to present at a seminar or workshop?
- Can you recommend a speaker?
- Do you have a topic you would like to hear about?
Then email email.
Pass it on! Feel free to pass this invitation on to colleagues and counselling centres – everyone is welcome!